Wednesday, August 19, 2009

This is NOT Sucking Up! I promise.

Stumbling into an article like this on Goucher College's news site brought a huge smile to my face. Robert Beachy has been my college adviser since Sophomore year. While I've been working with him for a few years he has never taken a moment to boast about all of his amazing accomplishments. The only reason I knew he had recently won a Guggenheim Fellowship was because I found a page containing the winners list in the New York Times orphaned on a library table. All he can do is giggle and blush when I ask about how he did it. He changes the subject quickly to my projects and we move on.

P
lease take a second to check out this link as well (just look quickly past the murder thing..all the Gopher's were fine...) and get to know this awesome guy and professor. His progressive ideas of sexuality and gender through history have been inspirations for this Baltimore history project. Going to his office is always an experience filled with laughter and support and I will miss him greatly as my advisor in my last year of school as he works on his book Gay Berlin due out in 2011.

I still have at least one pending grade from Robert, but even if I didn't I would be saying the same nice things about his work, really Robert, I think you rock...Thank you for inspiring me and telling me when I am completely whack.

Stop by the Goucher link up top and give this man some love! I promise that when you're finished the only word you'll have left to say is, "Daaaammnn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment